Friday, April 8, 2011

Rainwashed

So we chose the color "Rainwashed" by Sherwin Williams (SW 6211), mixed in Valspar paint from Lowe's, for our masterbedroom.  We love it!  By the way, Benjamin Moore's "Palladian Blue" (HC 144) is almost identical in color. It took two coats of Valspar's Ultra Premium Interior Paint.  I decided to buy Valspar paint for the color, rather than for any expectation with performance.  Someone on the interweb had said that they thought Valspar paint had a little more green in it. I got my Rainwashed sample from Sherwin Williams and I thought it could use a little green, so I went ahead and bought it from Lowe's.  Again, I LOVE it!  It changes color throughout the day, as all paints do, and I love every one of them.  Here are the photos right after we painted it.




And here is the room the next morning after everything dried.  This is the first coat.  It was pretty good coverage the first time, and I would have said we only needed to touch up the edges for the most part, but I had a second gallon, and there's just something good about re-rolling walls. 


I know the carpet looks pink in the picture, but it's not.  It's just a beige.
 Then we had our carpet installed, since my significant other loves carpet.   

So, if I can get them off my phone, I will post the pics I took of the walls at different stages of the day.  It is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment